Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate Program
HPWHs work like a refrigerator, but in reverse. While a refrigerator pushes heat from inside the unit out to the air around it, a HPWH uses fans and an evaporator to pull warmth from the surrounding air and transfers it to water in the storage tank. Because it uses the warm ambient air temperature to do most of the work, it is a very efficient way to heat water.
Considerations when determining if a HPWH is right for you:
• To identify whether a HPWH is suitable for your home, visit the Hot Water Solutions website.
• For the most efficient operation, the air temperature where the HPWH is installed should average 40 degrees F or above.
• Because the heat pump exhausts cool air in the area where it is located, the HPWH should be installed in a location that would isolate cool air, or be ducted to the outside.
• The mechanical components of a HPWH generate noise – similar to a dishwasher (around 45 decibels). Consider the noise factor in making your purchase decision and placement.
• Overall, the ideal location for a HPWH is in a garage or unheated/unfinished basement.
Instant rebate amount:
The instant rebate is $600 if you use one of our Participating Installers.
If you do the work yourself, or if you contract with a plumber who hasn’t signed up to work with us, there is a $500 mail in rebate form.
How to Participate:
If you have any questions about the application process, please call our Utility Services group at (360) 565-3249, or contact one of our Participating Plumbing Installers directly.
917 W. 8th St.
Port Angeles, WA 98363
PO Box 2136
Sequim, WA 98382
Jamie Parrish Plumbing
PO Box 1810
Sequim, WA 98382
Here’s how our incentive program works:
1. If you’re working with one of our Participating Plumbing Installers contact one of them to get a bid. The bids will include the PUD instant rebate amount. We recommend contacting at as many as you can in order to get a competitive quote, but it’s your choice whom you decide to work with.
2. Select a Participating Installer, have the work done, and collect your instant rebate.
3. The Participating Installer submits a copy of the bid as well as any supporting documentation for you.
4. PUD reviews and approves the instant rebate documents and performs any required verification visits. We don’t require a visit at every job, but we do reserve the right to follow up to ensure quality of work and program compliance.
5. PUD pays the instant rebate amount to the Participating Installer, and you’re only responsible for your portion.