Hybrid and Heat Pump Water Heaters
Hybrid water heaters, also known as Heat Pump Water Heaters, (HPWH), works just like a refrigerator, but in reverse. While a refrigerator moves heat from inside the unit to keep your food cold, a HPWH uses fans and an evaporator to extract warmth from the surrounding air and transfers it to water in the HPWH’s storage tank. Because it uses the warm ambient air temperature to do most of the work, it is a very efficient way to heat water.
The PUD currently offers an instant rebate of $600 if you use one of our Participating Installers.
How to Participate:
Follow the steps below, or if you have questions feel free to email Utility.Services.Info@ClallamPUD.net or call ((360) 565-3249) our Utility Services group.
Here’s how our incentive program works:
- Contact one of our Participating Installers (See below or click link for list of installers for all programs). The bids will include the PUD instant rebate amount. We recommend contacting at as many as you can in order to get a competitive quote, but it’s your choice with whom you decide to work.
- Select a Participating Installer, have the work done, and collect your instant rebate.
- The Participating Installer submits a copy of the bid as well as any supporting documentation for you.
- PUD reviews and approves the instant rebate documents and performs any required verification visits. We don’t require a visit at every job, but we do reserve the right to follow up to ensure quality of work and program compliance.
- PUD pays the instant rebate amount to the Participating Installer, and you’re only responsible for your portion.
P.O. Box 2136
Sequim, WA 98382
40 Taylor Cutoff Road #12
Sequim, WA 98382
If you purchased a HPWH from a non-participating plumber, or if you did the installation on your own, click here for our mail-in rebate form, including qualifications.