Assistance Programs

Need help?

Life can take an unexpected turn. If you find yourself in a difficult situation and unable to pay your bill, it is important that you contact us as soon as you know there may be a problem so we can discuss your options with you. Click here for contact information.  There is a $5.00 late fee that will be applied to your account if payment is made past the due date. We may be able to make an arrangement with you to pay a few days later than your due date if you contact us as soon as possible. If a payment is not made on a date promised your service may be disconnected.

If you are seeking resources for assistance related to a COVID-19 financial hardship, please see our COVID-19 Customer Support page.

Clallam PUD Low-income Energy Assistance

Clallam PUD energy assistance for low-income individuals, while a separate program from LIHEAP,  is now being administered by Olympic Community Action through the LIHEAP program application. On May 7, 2019, Governor Inslee signed into law the Clean Energy Transformation Act (CETA). In accordance with RCW 19.405.120, all utilities in Washington State must design low-income discount programs to adhere to the requirements of this newly implemented law. As a result, we have redesigned the existing PUD discount program to satisfy the requirements of this new law. See pages 6-7 of the 2021 3rd Quarter Hotline for information.  There is an overview of the Clean Energy Transformation Act available online on the Washington State Department of Commerce website:

Apply for LIHEAP Energy Assistance

Note: If you are a tribal customer who has applied for LIHEAP assistance through your tribal office, you can apply for the PUD energy assistance discount directly through OlyCAP using the following documents:

LIHEAP application with PUD discount

Required Documents Checklist

Statement of Funding Contingency

Budget Payment Plan

Our Budget Payment Plan annualizes your energy usage into equal monthly payments to spread out the cost of higher winter heating bills.

Neighborly Assistance

The Neighborly Assistance Program allows customers to help their less fortunate neighbors who may be struggling to pay their utility bills. Contributions can be recurring, or a one-time payment.

Other resources that you might find helpful:

“What To Do When You Are Having Trouble” provided by The United Way

OlyCAP Energy Assistance Programs 


Printable List of Resources

Olympic Community Action Program (OlyCAP)
Phone: Port Angeles 360-452-4726 / Forks 360-374-6193
Hours: Monday–Friday 8:00am–4:30pm.
Contact OlyCAP to apply for the Clallam PUD Low Income Discount. Also, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and LIHWAP (Low Income Home Water Assistance Program) for income at or below 150% of federal poverty level. For more information and to schedule an appointment please visit the website or call 360-774-5225. A variety of other household assistance programs may be available throughout the year.

Sequim Community Aid
Phone: 360-681-3731
Sequim residents only. Calls received Monday-Friday 9:00am-6:00pm. Contact by telephone, leave a detailed message if no answer. Call back if no response to message.

Serenity House of Clallam County
Phone: 360-452-7221, ext. 1
Hours: Monday–Friday 9:00am–5:00pm.
Programs include but not limited to utility assistance, rent and housing assistance, and youth services. Contact a Housing Specialist by phone or review website for details on current available programs and how to apply.

St. Vincent de Paul Port Angeles
Phone: 360-457-5804
Contact by telephone and leave a detailed message if no answer. Call back if no response to message.

St. Vincent de Paul Sequim
Phone: 360-683-2112
Contact by telephone and leave a detailed message if no answer. Call back if no response to message.

Phone: 360-457-3954
Port Angeles residents only. Leave a message any day or time, staff calls back Thursdays only from 9:00am-12:00pm. Assistance is available as resources allow.

Northwest Veterans Resource Center (NWVRC)
Phone: 360-797-1791
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm. Veterans and family members of veterans may qualify for utility funds and other assistance programs. Call and make an appointment to see if you qualify for utility funding and more.


Senior Information and Assistance
Phone: 360-452-3221 for Sequim/Pt. Angeles, 360-374-9496 for Forks
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm, closed 12:00-1:00pm. Emergency Assistance Fund (payer of last resort) can provide limited and varied assistance to individuals ages 60 and older for utility assistance and other needs.

Lauridsen Trust Foundation
Phone: 360-457-1344
Assistance for widows. Must be resident of Clallam County. To apply, call for an application and once submitted the Lauridsen Trust Board reviews once per month for funding consideration.

Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
Phone: 877-501-2233
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Some funds may be available upon review of situation. If there are no funds for utility assistance, the client may qualify for food assistance thus freeing up some funds that be used to pay for utilities.

Help Line – Peninsula 211 (Health/Human resources): Dial 2-1-1


Lower Elwha Klallam Tribal Assistance
Phone: 360-565-7257
Call the LEKT Social Services Department to apply for assistance and to see what programs you may qualify for. Financial Services (TANF and GA) for federally enrolled tribal members with income restrictions. The tribe also administers LIHEAP and LIHWAP utility assistance programs which have qualification requirements. They also refer clients to the following non-income restricted programs: Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation, Family Advocacy, Lower Elwha Food Bank, Healthy Transitions, as well as other programs.

Jamestown S’Klallam Tribal Assistance
Phone: 360-681-1109
The tribe administers LIHEAP funds yearly for enrolled tribal members. TANF program also provides assistance to those who qualify, and ERA funding may be available as well. Call for additional information.

Quileute Tribal Assistance
Phone: 360-374-4271
The tribe administers LIHEAP and CITGO funds for enrolled tribal members. TANF program also provides assistance to those who qualify.

Makah Tribal Assistance
Phone: 360-645-3254
The tribe administers LIHEAP and CITGO funds for enrolled tribal members. TANF program also provides assistance to those who qualify.

Hoh Tribal Assistance
Phone: 360-374-6582
Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. The Hoh Tribe helps administer the LIHEAP program for enrolled tribal members residing in the tribe’s service area.