Residential Variable Speed Heat Pump Incentive Programs
When temperatures drop, energy bills increase because of heating costs. For customers with electrically heated homes, the PUD offers instant incentives to help you pay for eligible ducted heat pumps, which offer efficient heating in the winter and cooling in the summer!
Rather than convert electricity into heat energy, heat pumps transfer heat energy from the exterior to the interior via a network of compressors, coils, and finally, ductwork. This transfer of heat is significantly cheaper for heating your home than converting electricity to heat, and as a bonus, when the weather warms up, it’s also a cost-effective way to air condition the space.
Variable speed compressor technology allows the unit to run at the speed that best meets your comfort needs coupled with energy-efficient operation. A variable speed heat pump is designed and engineered specifically to provide the output needed at the lowest consumption of power.
Just like a car’s various gears, variable speed compressors can operate at various levels of output depending on the conditions. Systems with variable speed technology may run at full capacity on cold winter nights or reduced capacity for milder days. It is a great energy-efficient option when compared to a single-speed unit.
Once the indoor temperature you set on the thermostat or control system is achieved, the variable speed unit will strive to operate at the lowest speed possible to deliver consistent, energy-efficient comfort in your home.
Because a variable speed heat pump can adjust capacity for demand, it may run longer than a single-stage unit under the same conditions. However, as the Department of Energy suggests, operating the compressor at lower speeds for a longer duration may reduce the total energy consumption required to heat your indoor spaces of your home without a loss of the unit’s ability to heat your home.
Instant Incentive amount
The instant incentive ranges from $250 up to $1,000, depending on what heating equipment that you currently have and what equipment you’re going to install. (Your installer will be able to determine the incentive your situation qualifies for) The incentive is deducted from the overall cost of the installation to give you instant savings, and upon completion of the installation, the incentive will be paid to the installing contractor.
Here’s how our incentive program works:
1. Contact one or more Participating Heating Installers for bids and to talk about eligibility. Their bids will include the PUD instant incentive amount. We recommend contacting at least three in order to get a competitive quote, but it’s your choice whom you decide to work with.
2. Select the Participating Installer that you want to work with and that offered the best bid for you.
3. The Participating Installer submits a copy of the bid as well as any supporting documentation for you.
4. PUD reviews and approves the instant incentive documents and performs any required verification visits. We don’t require a visit at every job, but we do reserve the right to follow up to ensure quality of work and program compliance.
5. PUD pays the instant incentive amount to the Participating Installer, and you’re only responsible for your portion.
If you have any questions or comments about ductless heat pumps, feel free to contact us, either by phone at 360.565.3249 or email Utility.Services.Info@ClallamPUD.net
Air Flo Heating
221 West Cedar St.
Sequim, WA 98382
All Weather Heating & Cooling
302 Kemp St.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Bill Mair Heating & Air, Inc.
64 Village Lane
Sequim, WA 98382
Dave’s Heating & Cooling Service
1206 South C St.
Port Angeles, WA 98363
860 Robin Hood Loop
Forks, WA 98331
782 Kitchen-Dick Rd.
Sequim, WA 98382