News CenterAll news
Stage 4 Water Alert Island View System
PUD #1 of Clallam County (PUD) is notifying water utility customers in the Island View Water District of mandatory water use restrictions. This is a Stage 4 Response from the District’s Drought Response Plan. Effective immediately customers are to eliminate outdoor water use and minimize indoor water use.
Water for the Island View Water System is supplied from Olsen Creek. Due to low flows in Olsen Creek, the PUD will begin trucking in water from the neighboring Clallam Bay/Sekiu Water System. This is consistent with a Stage 4 Drought Response from the PUD’s Drought Response Plan.
The Island View Water System is located in western Clallam County, approximately 10 miles west of Sekiu. There are 33 active water accounts in the Island View Water System, one of nine water systems operated by the PUD.
The objective of the Stage 4 plan is to eliminate outdoor use of water and reduce overall system water consumption by 10 to 20 percent. Some ways water can be conserved by customers include:
• Discontinuing outdoor water use.
• Fix all leaky faucets and toilets.
• Take shorter showers, not baths.
• Install low-flow showerheads and faucets.
• Operate automatic dish and clothes washers only when full.
• Reuse clean household water. Collect all water that is wasted while waiting for the hot water to reach your faucet. Use this water for houseplants or outdoor plants.
• Use water efficient appliances.
For a more comprehensive list of actions to save water or to access more information on water conservation go to www.wateruseitwisely.com.