News CenterAll news
Stage 2 Water Conservation Alert Clallam Bay/Sekiu, Upper Fairview, & Island View Systems
PUD #1 of Clallam County (PUD) is requesting that water utility customers in the following systems begin voluntary water conservation measures due to the expanded drought emergency declaration announced by Washington State Governor Jay Inslee. This is a Stage 2 Response from the District’s Drought Response Plan. (Click on the links for the full news release)
Information on the District’s water systems and location can be found here.
The objective of the Stage 2 plan is to encourage customers to conserve and prepare customers for a possible increase in drought response later in the season.
- Reduce outdoor water use.
- Fix all leaky faucets and toilets.
- Take shorter showers, not baths.
- Install low-flow showerheads and faucets.
- Operate automatic dish and clothes washers only when full.
- Reuse clean household water. Collect all water that is wasted while waiting for the hot water to reach your faucet. Use this water for houseplants or outdoor plants.
- Use water efficient appliances.
For a more comprehensive list of actions to save water or to access more information on water conservation go to www.wateruseitwisely.com.