Smart Thermostat Rebate
Take control of your energy use and save!
*NEW* to the PUD’s incentives is a $100 rebate for qualifying Smart Thermostats, “smart thermostat” being the umbrella term for learning Wi-Fi enabled thermostats.
The thermostat in our home controls half the energy that’s used in our home – more than appliances, more than electronics. Independent studies have proven that Smart Thermostats across the region saved an average of 10–12% on winter electrical bills and 15% on summer electrical bills. That means that in two years, the thermostat can pay for itself.
A Smart Thermostat does this by working with the existing home heating system and allows you to you keep tabs on the room temperature from anywhere through a simple online interface or mobile app. A Smart Thermostat is a great way to reduce energy use, lower your bill, and maintain optimum home comfort.
Smart Thermostats provide an affordable and easy way for homeowners to control the use of their heating and cooling system and lower the costs of their electric bills using features such as:
• Occupancy sensors that can tell if a person has been away to conserve energy, when they are not at home
• Learning algorithms that avoid the need to program a set schedule
• Ability for homeowners to control the heating and cooling system remotely through their wireless apps on their phones or tablets (especially valuable for homeowners with second homes)
• Feedback notifications on the energy-saving potential of your thermostat set point and other efficient settings
• Ability to monitor previous electric usage data, and having smarter control of your heating and cooling system when it’s not needed at full capacity
Smart Thermostats are available at local retail stores, as well as online. The rebate is $100 on models that are listed on BPA’s qualified products list, and can be installed by either a homeowner or a contractor.
For the rebate requirements or to apply for the rebate please see the form below.