Residential Insulation Incentive Programs
The most cost-effective way to improve energy efficiency and reduce heating bills in an electrically heated home is by increasing inadequate levels of insulation. Insulation helps in reducing drafts, keeping heat in the shell of the home and requiring less operation of your heating system, and the good news is, that for customers with electrically heated homes, the PUD offers incentives to help you pay for eligible energy-saving home improvements like insulation.
To qualify for the incentive, the home must be electrically heated and the work must be performed by a Participating Installer.
Instant Incentive amount
The instant incentive ranges from .10 cents per square foot up to .90 cents per square foot, depending on what insulation levels you currently have and what insulation level you’re going to. (Your installer will be able to determine the incentive your situation qualifies for) The incentive is deducted from the overall cost of the installation to give you instant savings, and upon completion of the installation, the incentive will be paid to the installing contractor.
Here’s how our incentive program works:
1. Contact the PUD Participating Insulation Installer for a bid and to determine eligibility. Their bid will include the PUD instant rebate amount. (While we currently have only one participating installer, if you have an installer in mind who is not on the list, please contact us with their information and we will reach out to attempt to establish them on the list.)
2. Select a Participating Installer, have the work done, and collect your instant rebate.
3. The Participating Installer submits a copy of the bid as well as any supporting documentation for you.
4. PUD reviews and approves the instant rebate documents and performs any required verification visits. We don’t require a visit at every job, but we do reserve the right to follow up to ensure quality of work and program compliance.
5. PUD pays the instant rebate amount to the Participating Installer, and you’re only responsible for your portion.
If you have any questions or comments about ductless heat pumps, feel free to contact us, either by phone (360.565.3249) or email Utility.Services.Info@ClallamPUD.net.
C & F Insulation
PO Box 2197
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Safe Home Resource, LLC
3273 Chico Way NW
Bremerton, WA 98312
61372 Highway 101
Sequim, WA 98382