News CenterAll news
What Customers Need to Know About the PUD’s Software Upgrade
Effective Tuesday, November 1st at 5pm, Clallam PUD will transition to a new and enhanced online bill payment system called SmartHub. Since this is a new system, customers will need to re-register their online account and re-enter their desired auto-payment method.
At SmartHub, customers will still be able to view their bills, sign up for paperless billing and use their debit or credit card for autopay or to make one-time payments. But there’s even more available at SmartHub such as these features:
- An app for accessing their account on their smartphone.
- Autopay or one-time payments from their Checking/Savings account.
- View all of their PUD accounts.
- View usage.
- View payment history.
- Set up text and/or email alerts.
- Schedule future payments.
- View weather history.
What this means to customers:
- The current PUD debit/credit card payment system (including autopay) will end at 5:00 p.m. November 1, 2016
- The PUD will NOT accept debit or credit card payments from 5:00 p.m. November 1, 2016, through 7:59 a.m. November 7, 2016
- Beginning at 8:00 a.m. on November 7, 2016, the PUD will again take credit/debit card payments
- Also after 8:00 a.m. on November 7, 2016, customers can go to the PUD website at www.clallampud.net and look for the SmartHub link to re-enroll with either a credit/debit card or savings/checking account.
And as an added bonus:
- When customers sign up for paperless billing and enroll in autopay before December 31, 2016, using either a debit/credit card or a checking/savings account, their PUD account will receive a one-time $5 bill credit* and be entered for a chance to win an iPad Mini! (*Customers must remain enrolled in both autopay and paperless billing for 12 months to retain the $5 bill credit).
Office Hour Changes:
In order to accommodate the new software upgrades in the most efficient manner possible, PUD Customer Office Hours will permanently change as well.
Effective Monday, November 7th, Customer Office Hours will be: 8:00am to 4:30pm (the only exception is the Sekiu office which will be 8:30am to 3:30pm).
Temporary Office Closures:
The Co-op (Sequim) and Country Aire (Port Angeles) payment offices, and the Sekiu office will be closed on November 7 and 8 as we transition over to a new software platform. The Main Office in Carlsborg and the Forks Office will be open on those dates.
New Bill Format
Customers will also receive a new bill format beginning in November. A sample image of that new format can be found here.