News CenterAll news
West End Power Outage Scheduled May 22-23
A scheduled power outage will affect electric service beginning on the evening of Saturday, May 22 at 11:45 pm and lasting approximately 8 hours until Sunday morning, May 23 at 8:00 am.
This planned outage will affect all customers west of Lake Crescent, including Forks, Neah Bay and Sekiu.
The outage is required for Bonneville Power Administration to safely replace power poles and conduct maintenance on their substation. Clallam PUD crews will also take advantage of the outage to conduct maintenance on our system.
Some tips to prepare:
- Plan for batteries and other alternative power sources to meet your needs when the power goes out, such as a portable charger or power bank.
- Have flashlights for every household member.
- Talk to your medical provider about a power outage plan for medical devices powered by electricity and refrigerated medicines.
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. The refrigerator will keep food cold for about four hours. A full freezer will keep the temperature for about 48 hours. Consider freezing a container of water within your freezer for additional protection. Use coolers with ice if necessary. Monitor temperatures with a thermometer. Throw out food if the temperature is 40 degrees or higher.
- Generators, camp stoves or charcoal grills should always be used outdoors and at least 20 feet away from windows. Never use a gas stovetop or oven to heat your home.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment, or electronics.
For these and other tips visit:
If you have any questions, please contact: 360-452-9771 or 1.800.542.7859 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your patience.