News CenterAll news
Stage 3 Water Alert for Island View Water System
PUD #1 of Clallam County (PUD) is asking water utility customers in the Island View Water District to begin outdoor water use restrictions. This is a Stage 3 Response from the District’s Drought Response Plan. Effective immediately customers are to limit outdoor water use to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Vehicle washing, except for safety related purposes, is prohibited.
Water for the Island View Water System is supplied from Olsen Creek. PUD forecasts that it is possible Olsen Creek streamflow will drop to 0.077 cfs within 3 weeks. According to the District’s Drought Response Plan, this forecast meets the criteria for a Stage 3 Response.
The Island View Water System is located in western Clallam County, approximately 10 miles west of Sekiu. There are 33 active water accounts in the Island View Water System, one of nine water systems operated by the PUD.
The objective of the Stage 3 plan is to require Island View customers to reduce and/or eliminate outdoor use of
water, and prepare customers for additional drought response measures in the near future. Some ways water can
be conserved by customers include:
- Use water outdoors only on specific days of the week (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
- Do not wash vehicles except for safety related purposes.
- Fix all leaky faucets and toilets.
- Take shorter showers, not baths.
- Install low-flow showerheads and faucets.
- Operate automatic dish and clothes washers only when full.
- Reuse clean household water. Collect all water that is wasted while waiting for the hot water to reach your faucet. Use this water for houseplants or outdoor plants.
- Use water efficient appliances.
For a more comprehensive list of actions to save water or to access more information on water conservation go
A Stage 2, Voluntary Conservation Alert has been issued for the Clallam Bay/Sekiu Water System.