News CenterAll news
Stage 2 Water Alert for the Gales Addition, Mt. Angeles and Monroe Water Systems
PUD #1 of Clallam County (PUD) is requesting that water utility customers in the Gales Addition, Mt. Angeles and Monroe Water Systems begin voluntary water conservation measures due to the Stage II Water Shortage declared by the City of Port Angeles. This is a Stage 2 Response from the PUD’s Drought Response Plan.
These affected PUD water districts rely on purchased water supplied from the City of Port Angeles. The City has declared a Stage II Water Shortage, which encourages increased voluntary conservation. The PUD is coordinating its drought response with the City of Port Angeles, as both utilities rely on the Elwha River as their water source.
The objective of the Stage 2 plan is to encourage customers to conserve and prepare for a possible increase in drought response later in the season.
• Reduce outdoor water use.
• Fix all leaky faucets and toilets.
• Take shorter showers, not baths.
• Install low-flow showerheads and faucets.
• Operate automatic dish and clothes washers only when full.
• Reuse clean household water. Collect all water that is wasted while waiting for the hot water to reach your faucet. Use this water for houseplants or outdoor plants.
• Use water efficient appliances.
For a more comprehensive list of actions to save water or to access more information on water conservation go to www.wateruseitwisely.com.
The Status of Other PUD Water Systems:
At the time of this release, a Stage 2, Water Conservation Alert, has also been issued for the Evergreen, Carlsborg, Fairview, and Panoramic Heights Water Systems. A Stage 3 alert has been issued for the Clallam Bay/Sekiu Water System and a Stage 4 alert has been issued for the Island View Water System.