News CenterAll news
PUD Declares Stage 2 Water Alert for the Island View Water System
PUD #1 of Clallam County (PUD) is requesting that water utility customers in the Island View System begin voluntary water conservation measures. This is a Stage 2 Response from the District’s Drought Response Plan.
Water for the Island View Water System is supplied from Olsen Creek. High temperatures and low rainfall are expected to continue, causing reduced streamflows. It is anticipated that the Olsen Creek streamflow may drop below .077 cfs within the next 5 weeks. According to the District’s Drought Response Plan, this meets the criteria for a Stage 2 Response. The PUD has begun asking Island View customers to voluntarily reduce their overall water usage.
The Island View Water System is located in western Clallam County, approximately 10 miles west of Sekiu. There are 33 active water accounts in the Island View Water System, one of nine water systems operated by the PUD.
The objective of the Stage 2 plan is to encourage Island View customers to conserve and prepare customers for a possible increase in drought response later in the season.
• Reduce outdoor water use.
• Fix all leaky faucets and toilets.
• Take shorter showers, not baths.
• Install low-flow showerheads and faucets.
• Operate automatic dish and clothes washers only when full.
• Reuse clean household water. Collect all water that is wasted while waiting for the hot water to reach your faucet. Use this water for houseplants or outdoor plants.
• Use water efficient appliances.
For a more comprehensive list of actions to save water or to access more information on water conservation go to www.wateruseitwisely.com
The Status of Other PUD Water Systems:
At the time of this release, all other water systems do not have any active water drought response plans in effect.