COVID-19 Customer Support

Governor Inslee has issued Proclamation 20-23 pertaining to Utility Ratepayer Assistance and Preservation of Essential Services. Clallam PUD is committed to keeping our customers connected to essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for support, including long-term payment arrangements or bill assistance. This Proclamation does not relieve customers from the obligation to pay for utility services.

NOTE: Governor Inslee announced additional COVID-19 financial support funds including $15 million for energy bills for low-income households. These funds are being managed through LIHEAP which is administered by Olympic Community Action Programs.  View the flyer including income guidelines here. If you believe you qualify we encourage you to apply as soon as possible at their website at

While public utility districts are not governed by the Utilities & Transportation Commission (UTC), they have been designated as the single point of contact within State government for customers seeking bill assistance information. The UTC Hotline number is 1-888-333-WUTC or email

We understand that many customers may be experiencing hardship during this time due to job layoffs or reduced hours. Please note that we have suspended disconnects and late fees through the end of July, even though you may still receive an automated disconnect notification generated by the system. Balances owed will still need to be paid. If you feel you will have difficulty paying your bill, please contact our customer service department at 360-452-9771 so we can arrange a payment plan with you. We encourage managing your energy usage wisely, especially if you have more household members staying home than is normal. For tips on ways to save energy visit the Energy Saver page.

For Clallam PUD’s utility assistance programs, please visit our assistance page.

Clallam PUD also offers a pre-paid meter account called “SmartPay.” This works similar to a prepaid cell phone plan. The benefit is that if you currently have a deposit on file with us, by switching to SmartPay, that deposit is freed up and applied to your balance. Find out more here.

CARES Residential Utility Assistance

As of November 16, 2020 all CARES funds have been disbursed. Please see the individual and business resource links below for other assistance resources.

Other individual and business assistance resources

Beginning Friday, April 17, some Washington residents can apply through the Department of Social and Health Services for emergency cash assistance to help meet their immediate needs. For information please read the news release.

United Way of Clallam County COVID assistance and resources page.

City of Sequim COVID-19 Business Resources page.

Clallam EDC Community Resources page.

Clallam EDC Business Resources page.

Clallam County Resources for Individuals & Families page

Clallam County Information for Businesses page. COVID-19 Resources page.

For the District’s Emergency Response to pandemic, click here.

Olympic Community of Health has provided some resources that are COVID-19 related that are free to download and share here.